Your mission: Find a poem that you love and read it out or perform it for your class.
- Putting lots of expression into reading will probably make YouTube more enjoyable for reader and audience alike, but do what makes you most comfortable! If you’d like Jenny to read the poem out with you, go ahead and ask.
- Feel free to illustrate your poem, use actions, or bring any props to help you perform it – just make sure you complete your regular homework first!
- You do not have to memorize your poem!
- Provide a copy of the poem to your teacher at the start of class.
- Limit the number of lines in the poem to 20.
- Be prepared to explain why you like the poem (fill in an audience form).
- No toilet humour please!
Before you choose your poem, you might want to watch other kids having a go:
To help you find a poem you can borrow one of Jenny’s poetry books, or check out these web pages: