We had a great time today, even though a third of the class were away on school trips! Stella’s mum was kind enough to come in and help us out with our recycled craft project: making shopping bags out of old t-shirts.
Group-by-group the children cut out and decorated their bags, while the other students identified the advantages and disadvantages of using plastic bags from a text, expressed their own opinions, and answered questions on the content of different newspaper articles.
- No class next week (24th)
- Class outing 31st – Please e-mail me completed permission forms (your child may not participate if this I do not receive this).
- Finish the class worksheets (newspaper reading comprehension)Spelling words from Common Exceptions List Year 1 and 2, columns 3 and 4.
- Reading challenge – only two more chances to collect stamps!
- Research and write presentation (Emma/Michel/Gayatri)